Followers

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I Want to be Just Like Felix B.

On Sunday I watched in fascination as Felix Baumgartner jumped out of a capsule at the edge of space.  I wondered if I could do something similar so I've started training.

To begin, I jumped up onto this planter thingie in our complex.  It's easily twice my height so I thought this would be a good place to start.


Pippen has kindly agreed to be my training partner and as we get closer to the launch site, he goes over the launch sequence with me.


Things start to speed up... we're getting closer....  the acceleration rate needs to be just right or a number of things could go wrong!


And... I'M OFF!!!!


The landing is successful!


Pippen has checked the record books and I now hold the free fall record in our complex!  Alas, I did not break the sound barrier... this time...

14 comments:

  1. What a great series of events! Such suspense!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow we are impressed. Did you break the bark barrier though? Have a lovely Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam
    I am in awe of youw bwavewy and how wondewful to have Pippen as youw twainew..I think it's only a mattew of time till you bweak Felix's wecowd
    smoochie kisses
    ASTA
    pee ess, plus, you'we so much bettew looking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sam....that took lots of guts!! I can't believe you didn't break the sound barrier with that jump!!

    Keep up the training!!

    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!!!!! That was quite a feat.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All done without a fancy shmancy capsule and spacesuit! Simply awe inspiring Sam!

    Sorry about the liver treat thing. I saved some for you two if you want to come over ;-)

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, my friend! I don't like to jump like that....I worry that I would get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sam,

    that jump was way impressive like! pretty please make sure you have a parachute thingie for next time, though, cuz i was kinda scared since you were so high up!! glad you made it down a-okay!

    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy, you look like a great jumper!
    And Pippen, sounds like you're a great trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo Bravo!!! The best part ob yeur stunt whas... It whas relebant and... I whas naught holding my breaf fur yeu teu dead yeurself.

    Nice work!

    wif lubbs from Little Reufus

    ReplyDelete