Followers

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Mountain Adventure!

This morning Pippen and I asked mom if we could go on an adventure and she said...

YES!

So we headed out to Mt. Tolmie.

We drove the car to the top cuz mom is just too lazy to walk up.

To get the adventure started, we made sure to let everybuddys know we were here!


The we checked out the view...

That's our downtown in the distance.  The water is called the Juan de Fuca Strait and those are the Olympic Mountains in Washington State.  If you biggify the picture and look real close you might even be able to see parts of Port Angeles, Washington.  So that would be looking southwest...


To the west are the Sooke Hills.


Now we went to check out the eastern view and found this big slab of concrete.  Mom said its a lookout... 


Wow!  Look at all that water!


This is looking northeast and if you had super duper eyes you might see Vancouver BC... of course, those mountains would have to get out of the way...


Okay... let's see what else is here...

Steps!  Yeah, let's go down them.


and a trail... wonder where it goes?


Hey mom!  Come on up... it isn't a hard climb up here.


Well, mom didn't want to climb the big rock so we left some pee-mail and headed back up the stairs.




What?  Stay away from the edge?  How else would I go down the mountain???


Hey... I think I see McDonald's...  


Holy Guacamole!  I feel tiny!


Another big rock to climb!

Nope... I still can't see Vancouver.


I think I like being way up high...  you can see forever!


Okay, okay... jeez, mom!  I'm not going to fall over the edge!


I finally managed to get Pippen to check out view from the edge of the cliff!


and then it was time to get back into the car and drive down the mountain and head home.

Hope you liked the pictures of our little piece of paradise!




11 comments:

  1. Those were some really BEAUTIFUL pictures. I can see why you feel kinda small. I can ALSO see why your mom did NOT want to WALK way up to the Sky like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT adventure! Although we were thinking you might be feeling kinda small because, well, you, are, uh, you know, erm, slighly, ah, diminutive. Heehee! Great photos!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great boys - my mum won't climb up big or steep things either - I need my dad dad for that.

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys....dose were some very purrty see-niks dere. Me wished me had mountains in Florida...butt nothin' but flat land and water here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah...you guys are extreme hikers!!! What a most beautiful walkie!!


    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness how beautiful. It sure is hot momma said in that Sea-Attle
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is some view--you guys sure arent afraid of heights

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like fun!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog :D

    It's great to meet new paws! :D

    Luna

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a stunning view, a lovely walk and steps, you must have good eyes I couldn't see a Mackie D's
    Hasve a good week
    See yea George xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! That is spectacular! Good thing you had your walking strings on - that looks verrrrry high!

    The Road Dogs

    ReplyDelete