Followers

Monday, March 22, 2010

My New Endeavor

I know I don't post quite as often as Sam does (probably because he's a blog hog...) but I do have something to tell you all about today!

I've taken up a new hobby!  I asked mom last week if I could try gardening this year and she said YES!

After much discussions, mom and I have decided to plant peas, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes and onions!

Here I am helping mom get everything ready.


Sam has no interest in gardening but had to get his picture taken...

Once mom and I got all the dirt in those little cuppy things, we lined up the seeds to plan out the planting.




Then we had to decide what we liked and how many we wanted, we put a seed in the dirt and covered it up.  Then mom got out the watering can and got them all wet!  I thought she overwatered one of them so I drank some and even ate some dirt!  I'm hoping I didn't eat one of the seeds because I don't want a zucchini growing in my tummy!

Now that everything is planted and watered, my main job is making sure the cat doesn't pee on them!



Being a gardener is hard work so far.  I sure do hope all those little seeds grow!



4 comments:

  1. Oh, Pippin! I can't waits to see your garden grow! My mom has grand ideas in her head about growing a garden but, well, between you and me...she's not much industrious when it comes to stuff like that.

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    PeeS. Good luck with that zucchini thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got us thinking there... what WOULD happen if say you did grow a zuccini in your tummy?? Just thinking..Love A+A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening is very hard work. Especially when the plants start to grow because they are most nommy, but the humans like to let them get big before they eat them.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  4. my mom tried the gardening thing too...she grew a ton of tomatoes...but this year so far she is soooooo lazy

    ReplyDelete